Thursday, March 13, 2008

The First Three Years


The next three years was spent sailing around the brittany coast and usualy coming back to Morlaix for the winter this was so we could call in to Guernsey for xmas to see Sal's mum and to check on the house. In this time we got friendly with the frenchman who lived on his yacht CLOEL a steel yacht designed for ocean sailing. I remember his first words to me they were I speak english. As neither Sal or I could speak french this was a bonus. Over the next three years we learned to speak french well and Roland spoke less english he said it was'nt nessesary as we now spoke good french. As I am a boatbuilder I have become known as the Guern that will always help and Sal has become known as the lady who is always cooking. Another neighbour Alain who lived on his yacht LILOU a plastic 30 footer was very pleased to receive a loaf from Sal but said he liked a little more salt cheeky bugger. here is a pic of the three of us from left to right Alain,Roland and me

No comments: