Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Marinero


We arrive at Fuengirola Marina in the afternoon on a hot and sunny day and reported to the tower. Asking for a berth the lady in control said that they were full but as we only wanted a couple of nights we could use the hammer head on the end of the visitors quay. Fine but at about 18:00hrs we were asked to move as the local ferry was coming in. We were glad we did as its big and comes in fast. The last day we were there I went to the tower to pay and someone locked the gate to the quay. Big search for the marinero who I found in the office> I explained saying that I was sorry but I spoke very little spanish and he answered me in english "sorry I speak no english" We ended up laughing so much we were almost sick but I got back to the boat ok for a good nights sleep ready for the off the next day. If you go there look for a little fat Marinero with his shirt hanging out and laughing all the time. A really friendly place who try hard to make your stay pleasant.

No comments: